Board challenges in tackling climate change in Emerging Markets
organized by CGI Russia in collaboration and support with Climate Governance Initiative of the World Economic Forum
June 9, 2021 3 pm Moscow
Emerging Market economies continue to take significant strides to establish good corporate governance practices, and have shown improvements in the areas of board independence and long-term stewardship of companies. Climate change has introduced new challenges for all boards but presents added complexities for the boards of companies in Emerging Markets. Once again business resilience is under threat and boards are being challenged to own the business response. Join our panel to explore how to embed climate considerations into board decision-making and act upon the risks and opportunities that the climate emergency poses to the business success of their companies.
This panel will be composed of Chief Executive Officers of companies in the Emerging Markets that have set the standard in their industry for confronting the climate challenge and will consist of an informal interactive discussion with the panelists.
The content of the panel will be curated to be relevant to boards of directors enabling them to act upon the risks and opportunities that the climate emergency poses to the long-term resilience and business success of their companies.
- How boards in Emerging Markets can drive transformative action in climate change?
- Climate change add complexities or opportunities for the boards of companies in Emerging Markets?
- How Emerging Markets boards embed climate considerations into strategy, risk management and disclosure?
Moderator: Ayuna Nechaeva, Head of Europe, London Stock Exchange (UK)
- Silvio Dulinsky, Head of Business Engagement, Latin America, World Economic Forum
- Alexander Vedyakhin, First Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, PAO Sberbank
- Benedikt Sobotka, CEO, Eurasian Resources Group (Kazakhstan, Africa,Brazil)
- Silvia Stefini, Non-Executive Independent Director, Italgas and Falck Renewables, Steering Committee Chapter Zero Italy (Italy)
- Tarcila Ursini, Independent Board Member, Grupo Korin and Independent Board Member, Sustainability and People Committees, Agrogalaxy SA (Brazil)
- Fan Fu, President, CEO, China Pacific Insurance Co., Ltd. (China)
- Newsletter • April 2022
- Russian companies approach the future of climate projects with reasonableness
- ESG in the context of economic restructuring
- In Search of Internal Resource: New Challenges for Compensation and Nomination Committees
- CGI Russia continues to support companies’ efforts to achieve their ESG and climate goals as the Global Climate Initiative For Boards